Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC operates two of the most recognized brands in the global vehicle rental industry through Avis Rent A Car System, LLC (Avis) and Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. (Budget). We are currently searching for a dedicated Airport Manager, to work at our Chicago, IL Airport location. This job contributes to the success of our company by managing the rental operation at the airport to ensure that it functions effectively and efficiently to maximize profitability while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and essential job functions included, but are not limited to:
* Manage and monitor productivity of all operational activities and personnel at an airport facility.
* Ensure staff is properly trained, motivated and coached relative to each product offered, sales and operation processes.
* Hire, supervise, develop, motivate and evaluate the performance of staff.
* Implement HR policies in the area of discipline, discharge, motivation and performance in a consistent and fair manner.
* Establish, communicate, monitor and update objectives for staff consistent with Company goals and objectives.
* Plan and implement staffing schedules based on business demands and transaction levels.
* Ensure customer complaints are handled and resolved in a timely, effective manner.
* Provide statistical information to management relating to transaction and revenue projections, comparisons to past results, share of market, salary and wages, manpower usage, etc.
* Assist management in the preparation of the annual budget by recommending proper monthly allocations of overall budget amounts; monitors all expenses.
* Maintain adequate vehicle control in accordance with company guidelines
* Build and maintain business relationships to facilitate organizational profitability. Including building relationships with union members and representatives, airport authorities and other occupants of airport facilities, and vendors serving the facility.
* Associates Degree
* Two years operations, sales or in person customer service experience
* 1 year management experience. (Years of experience will increase accordingly based on airport assignment)
The Successful Candidate must be willing to and/or possess the following:
* General business knowledge to successfully operate an airport location.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills to track all appropriate operational measures and analyze operational performance results.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to interact with both internal and external customers at all levels.
* Ability to manage and motivate staff in a team environment.
* Creative problem solving skills.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule (including days, nights and/or weekends).
We offer a competitive salary, use of a company car plus gas and excellent benefits including dental, medical, tuition reimbursement, 401K and more.
Avis Budget Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Employee Type: Full Time
Required Experience: 1 Year
Category: General Business
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Required Education: 2 Year
Zip Code: 60666